Lemon Butter Bars
A Paleo Sweet sure to make you Pucker into a Smile
Write a review
- 10 tbsp Grassfed Butter or Ghee
- 4 tbsp Local Honey
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 Cage Free Egg Yolks
- 3/4 c Local Honey
- 3 oz Fresh Pressed Lemon
- 4 tbsp Grassfed Butter or Ghee
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Grassfed Gelatin
- Pre-heat Oven to 325 degrees.
- Add butter and honey to Mixer and beat till fluffy and well mixed. Add all your dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Slowly add to butter/honey mixture till dry mixture is just moist. Press into non-stick pan. Bake uncovered till lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Turn Oven down to 300 degrees
- In sauce pan mix egg yolks and honey over medium low heat till completely mixed and creamy. Stir in lemon and butter. Continue stirring till well mixed. Add a Candy Thermometer into mixture. Constantly stir till a temperature of 196* F is reached. Don't let the mixture boil. Whisk in gelatin while sprinkling it over mixture. You must do this very vigorously. Stir in lemon zest. Pour Lemon Curd over Shortbread Base. Bake for 10 minutes. Cover and cool in fridge.
Stong by Paleo http://strongbypaleo.com/